While online stores provide convenience, require less overhead, and offer online exposure to a global market, many customers still enjoy the experience of shopping at a physical location. Often businesses utilize WordPress as it is a convenient content management system (CMS) that allows non-developers to manage various aspects of the site in an easy and straightforward manner.
Website plugins are available for WordPress allowing business owners to add functionality to their website with limited to no coding experience required, empowering them with the tools necessary to effectively manage their online presence without needing to spend hours learning how to hard-code them in.
Many business owners with brick and mortar shops are in need of locator plugins that show the customer where their physical locations are placed around the globe. There are many WordPress plugins that allow you to harness the power of Google Maps and create custom maps and markers that indicate your business’s physical stores, provide directions, business hours, and more. There are so many WordPress store locator plugins to choose from that it may be difficult to find the one that’s right for you.
Below is a list of some of our favorite WordPress store locator plugins with pros, cons, and plugin details for each:
- SimpleMap – ★ ★ ★ 2.9/5 Stars – Download
- 10Web Map Builder – ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.5/5 Stars – Download
- MapifyPro – N/A Stars – Download
- Locatoraid – ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.4/5 Stars – Download
- Google Maps WD – ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.5/5 Stars – Download
- Leaflet – ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.6/5 Stars – Download
- Store Locator Plus – ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.2/5 Stars – Download
- WP Store Locator – ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.8/5 Stars – Download
- WP Google Maps – ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.7/5 Stars – Download
- Agile Store Locator – ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 4.9/5 Stars – Download
- Allows you to manage an unlimited amount of locations
- Allows you to customize the map appearance
- Includes numerous SEO optimizations for businesses
- You can export and import your database via a CSV file
- Knowledge of coding isn’t required
- Users are able to enter a variety of different queries to search through the database
- Responsive maps
- Unlimited maps
- A live preview option for every customization you make
- Support for every Google map type
- Several different map layers
- A feature-rich store locator
- Numerous skins and themes
- Create maps using any image
- 100% responsive WordPress Maps
- Customize Your WordPress Maps with Unique Styles
- Bulk upload all locations in a single action
- Advanced search and filtering capabilities
- Custom image mode allows the use of any image for a map
- Interactive Location Directory
- Users can share each location on social media
- Map clusters organize nearby locations to organize crowded maps
- Add-ons are free
- Mobile friendly with responsive design
- Automatic geocoding for quick location of your stores
- The ability to filter results by city or state
- Featured locations
- Driving directions
- Bulk upload and export
- Custom fields that allow you to display more detailed information
- Custom map icons to differentiate several types of locations
- A CVS import and export feature that allows you to update or add locations in bulk
- Responsive maps that scale to any screen size
- Language and localization support for the maps
- Support for different Google Map styles, including satellite, road, traffic, or terrain
- A drag and drop feature that allows for the easy addition of an unlimited number of markers to the map
- Complete support of Google Map controls like zoom, rotate, fullscreen, and street view
- Multi-Level Marker Categories so visitors can easily find locations using category filtering
- Customizable Google Maps skins
- The ability to categorize markers you place by a standard listing, advanced listing, or carousel view
- Advanced support for additional layers that are based on KML URLs, GeoRSS, and Fusion Table ID tools
- Pin favorite places and destinations with markers
- Select an individual base map, zoom level, and size for every layer and marker on your map
- Add popup images and descriptions with each marker
- Directions to your store locations based on the geolocation data of the customer
- Additional language support for up to 46 languages
- Support for thousands of locations
- Support for different countries and languages
- Full customization if you have some basic knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Free support
- An extensive add-on library that allows you to bolster the plugin feature-set
- Add details to each marker on your map, including the store description, opening hours, phone, fax, and e-mail
- Show Google Maps in a variety of languages
- Support of marker clusters, which means that the customer will be able to see how many stores are in a given location when zooming out on the map
- Usage of the geolocation API
- Responsive functionality
- Nine map themes
- Extensive store locator functionality
- Full-screen functionality
- Four different map types with Google Maps
- Responsive design
- Custom management
- Store and category management
- The ability to sort by numerous factors
- The ability to display driving direction
- The ability to display store timing and hours
10. SimpleMap Store Locator
Rated 2.9/5 Stars
SimpleMap Store Locator is a popular store locator plugin for WordPress that’s designed to be intuitive and highly customizable. This specific plugin has garnered over 2,000 downloads with a rating of 2.9/5 stars. The positive aspects of using this particular plugin is that you will be provided with extensive customer support and will find that the plugin is simple to install.
There are, however, several problems that users have found with the Simple Map Store Locator plugin. The main issue that you should be aware of is that the plugin doesn’t have as many features as other store locator plugins. Updates are no longer made to the plugin, which means that additional features won’t be added in the future.
SimpleMap Store Locator Pros and Cons
The main features of this plugin include:
9. 10Web Map Builder for Google Maps
Rated 4.5/5 Stars
The 10Web Map Builder for Google Maps plugin is a fantastic store locator that has more than 10,000 active installations and has built up a rating of 4.5/5, which indicates that most customers are satisfied with the plugin. The goal of this plugin is to combine simplicity and quality while providing site owners with the ability to add an unlimited number of maps to their website. A notable aspect of this particular plugin is that many features that would typically be available in a premium version are provided in the free version.
10Web Map Builder Benefits
The 10Web Map Builder for Google Maps plugin comes with many tangible benefits, which include reliability, a user-friendly interface, high amounts of customization, and timely customer support. Keep in mind that there are several issues with this plugin, the primary of which is that the plugin can be buggy after each update. While most of these bugs and issues are eventually corrected, they can make using the plugin difficult at times.
The many useful features of this plugin extend to:
8. MapifyPro [New Addition]
Having been around for just under 6 years, MapifyPro has grown into one of the most popular store locator tools available. MapifyPro’s most common use is in implementing a beautiful store locator, but it is fully equipped to handle any map-based project.
If you’re looking for the perfect store locator, a way to document your adventures, or if you simply want to showcase an event directly on the place where it was captured (GoPro videos, drone footage, vacation highlights), then MapifyPro just might be the perfect fit. And hey, they offer a 5 day money-back guarantee, and even a free version, so it never hurts to give it a go.
MapifyPro – Store Locator Plugin: Pros & Cons
7. Locatoraid – Store Locator Plugin
Rated 4.4/5 Stars
Locatoraid is primarily a store and zip code locator plugin that allows customers on your website to search for businesses within the vicinity of their current location. This WordPress store locator plugin is designed to work with all business types, from restaurants and hotels to stores and dealerships. When being used by the customer, this plugin will take the zip code or address that the customer has typed in and return a number of matches, which can be sorted by the exact distance to the destination from the customer’s current location.
Locatoraid is very mobile-friendly and works worldwide, allowing it to be used by your entire customer-base. This plugin is currently actively installed by over 2,000 WordPress websites (double from last year) and has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Lacatoraid – Store Locator Plugin: Pros & Cons
Two versions are offered with these WordPress store locator plugin, including a lite version and pro version. The lite version includes:
If you choose the pro version, you’ll benefit from:
6. Google Maps WD – Google Maps builder Plugin
Rated 4.5/5 Stars
Google Maps WD is a WordPress store locator plugin that’s been designed around Google Maps and is made to be very user-friendly and responsive, which means that it can be used on any device with ease. One of the more notable aspects of this plugin is that you’re provided with the ability to add an unlimited number of maps to your website and individual pages or blog posts within.
This comprehensive plugin provides you with full control over how every feature and facet of it is used, which is part of the reason why it’s actively installed on over 10,000 websites. When the user scrolls over a location on the map, they’ll be presented with the name of the destination as well as additional information such as a description of the place and the address. With a current rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, you can be confident that you’ve chosen a plugin that works well.
Google Maps WD – Google Maps builder Plugin: Pros & Cons
As with many of the WordPress store locator plugins on this list, Google Maps WD offers two separate versions that you can select from, including the base install version and Google Maps Pro, both of which provide you with numerous features. For instance, the base installation provides you with:
On the other hand, the pro version adds a litany of additional features like:
5. Leaflet Maps Marker (Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, Bing Maps)
Rated 4.6/5 Stars
Leaflet Maps Marker is a unique WordPress store locator plugin that’s notable for allowing you to use any base map of your choice when implementing the plugin on your site, including Bing maps, Google Maps, Open Street map, and Mapbox. This plugin also offers you access to over 1,000 free and customizable icons that you can use on your maps.
With more than 30,000 active installations, this plugin is among the most popular WordPress store locator plugins available and has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. The plugin can be used by any website or business, but is especially beneficial if your business has dozens of locations around the country. If you select the Maps Marker Pro version, you can use this plugin with 25 separate domains.
Leaflet Maps Marker: Pros & Cons
The primary feature list of this plugin includes:
4. Store Locator Plus for WordPress
Rated 4.2/5 Stars
Store Locator Plus for WordPress is a map locator plugin that currently has more than 10,000 active installations and a rating of 4.2/5 stars. When using this locator, you will be able to map thousands of locations around the globe based on your needs. This plugin is made to be very easy to use, which means that coding isn’t required. Anyone who uses this particular plugin will benefit from fast support as well as constant upgrades that help to expand the plugin functionality.
Store Locator Plus for WordPress: Pros and Cons
There are some issues with this plugin that you might want to be aware of, the primary of which is that the plugin can have some compatibility issues with certain WordPress themes, which means that you should test the plugin before pairing it with your website.
The primary features of Store Locator Plus for WordPress include:
3. WP Store Locator
Rated 4.8/5 Stars
WP Store Locator is a highly recommended WordPress store locator plugin that has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars and is actively installed on more than 60,000 websites. This location management system is very easy-to-use and allows you to manage an unlimited number of stores, while also being compatible with a variety of other multilingual plugins such as qTranslate X and WPML. The code used with this plugin is very developer-friendly, as it allows you to use custom post types and nearly 30 unique filters that can immediately change the appearance of your store locator. Customers will be able to filter their search results by radius and will be provided with directions to the store that’s located nearest to them.
A couple of the premium add-ons that you can select from this plugin include a search widget that allows the customer to search for nearby locations from numerous areas on the website and a CSV manager that allows for the export, import, and update of all of your locations via a CSV file.
WP Store Locator: Pros & Cons
The main feature-set included with the base plugin provides you with:
2. WP Google Maps
Rating 4.7/5 Stars
WP Google Maps is a widely used Google Maps plugin that has more than 400,000 active installations as well as a high rating of 4.7/5 stars. With this tool, you can add a Google Map to your site content with a simple short code that’s easy to add to any WordPress website. The top reasons why you should use WP Google Maps include fantastic customer support, comprehensive customization and flexibility, and the ability to create a map in less than 30 seconds.
WP Google Maps: Pros & Cons
As for the negative aspects of this plugin, the only downside to using this plugin is that the free version may not offer all of the features that you want from a store locator. To that end, there are some premium features that you might want to know about. When you purchase the premium version of this plugin, you’ll be provided with additional features and functionality like custom fields, videos, heat maps, custom markers, direction waypoints, and a modern UI.
The core features that are provided to users of the free version of this plugin include:
1. Agile Store Locator
Rated 4.9/5 Stars
Agile Store Locator is a comprehensive plugin that’s fully responsive and provides users with access to all stores in their local area through Google Maps V3. This plugin currently has more than 7,000 active installations and has a very high rating of 4.9/5 stars. A premium version of this plugin is available that provides extra features like an interactive Google Maps template, additional templates for real estate and deals, five themes, and numerous layouts.
Agile Store Locator by AGILELOGIX: Pros & Cons
There are many different pros and cons that come with using the Agile Store Locator plugin for your store locator needs. The main benefits of using this particular plugin include the fact that the plugin is easy to use and install. It also comes with great support and provides users with the ability to add unlimited maps to their website. On the other hand, there are several issues with the plugin that you should be aware of. For instance, there aren’t many language options. The features provided with the free version may not give you everything you need from a store locator.
Some of the core features of the Agile Store Locator plugin include:
Conclusion: Which WordPress Store Locator plugin is best?
The answer is all of them! At the end of the day, there are many plugins that work extremely well and are supported by a community of thousands of developers around the globe. With many resources at your disposal, you must determine which plugin has a feature set that fits the needs and goals of your business.