While online stores provide convenience, require less overhead, and offer online exposure to a global market, many customers still enjoy the experience of shopping at a physical location. Often businesses utilize WordPress as it is a convenient content management system (CMS) that allows non-developers to manage various aspects of the site in an easy and straightforward manner.
Website plugins are available for WordPress allowing business owners to add functionality to their website with limited to no coding experience required, empowering them with the tools necessary to effectively manage their online presence without needing to spend hours learning how to hard-code them in.
Many business owners with brick and mortar shops are in need of locator plugins that show the customer where their physical locations are placed around the globe. There are many WordPress plugins which allow you to harness the power of Google Maps and create custom maps and markers that indicate your business’s physical stores, provide directions, business hours, and more.
There are so many WordPress store locator plugins to choose from that it may be difficult to find the one that’s right for you. Below is a list of some of our favorite WordPress store locator plugins with pros, cons, and plugin details for each:
8. MapifyPro [New Addition]
Having been around for just under 5 years, MapifyPro has grown into one of the most popular store locator tools available. MapifyPro’s most common use is in implementing a beautiful store locator, but it is fully equipped to handle any map-based project.
If you’re looking for the perfect store locator, a way to document your adventures, or if you simply want to showcase an event directly on the place where it was captured (GoPro videos, drone footage, vacation highlights), then MapifyPro just might be the perfect fit. And hey, they offer a 5 day money-back guarantee, and even a free version, so it never hurts to give it a go.
MapifyPro – Store Locator Plugin: Pros & Cons
- No limitations on how many locations a user can add to their maps
- Bulk upload all locations in a single action
- Advanced search and filtering capabilities
- Custom image mode allows the use of any image for a map
- Photography and film can be added to every location
- Users can share each location on social media to drive traffic to their maps
- Map clusters organize nearby locations to organize crowded maps
- Their add-ons are free
7. Locatoraid – Store Locator Plugin
Rated 4.3/5 Stars
Locatoraid is primarily a store and zip code locator plugin that allows customers on your website to search for businesses within the vicinity of their current location. This WordPress store locator plugin is designed to work with all business types, from restaurants and hotels to stores and dealerships. When being used by the customer, this plugin will take the zip code or address that the customer has typed in and return a number of matches, which can be sorted by the exact distance to the destination from the customer’s current location.
Locatoraid is very mobile-friendly and works worldwide, allowing it to be used by your entire customer-base. This plugin is currently actively installed by over 1,000 WordPress websites and has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Lacatoraid – Store Locator Plugin: Pros & Cons
Two versions are offered with these WordPress store locator plugin, including a lite version and pro version. The lite version includes:
- Automatic geocoding for quick location of your stores
- The ability to filter results by city or state
- Featured locations
- Driving directions
If you choose the pro version, you’ll benefit from:
- Custom fields that allow you to display more detailed information
- Custom map icons to differentiate several types of locations
- A CVS import and export feature that allows you to update or add locations in bulk
6. Google Maps WD – Google Maps builder Plugin
Rated 4.7/5 Stars
Google Maps WD is a WordPress store locator plugin that’s been designed around Google Maps and is made to be very user-friendly and responsive, which means that it can be used on any device with ease. One of the more notable aspects of this plugin is that you’re provided with the ability to add an unlimited number of maps to your website and individual pages or blog posts within.
This comprehensive plugin provides you with full control over how every feature and facet of it is used, which is part of the reason why it’s actively installed on over 20,000 websites. When the user scrolls over a location on the map, they’ll be presented with the name of the destination as well as additional information such as a description of the place and the address. With a current rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, you can be confident that you’ve chosen a plugin that works well.
Google Maps WD – Google Maps builder Plugin: Pros & Cons
As with many of the WordPress store locator plugins on this list, Google Maps WD offers two separate versions that you can select from, including the base install version and Google Maps Pro, both of which provide you with numerous features. For instance, the base installation provides you with:
- Language and localization support for the maps
- Support for different Google Map styles, including satellite, road, traffic, or terrain
- A drag and drop feature that allows for the easy addition of an unlimited number of markers to the map
- Complete support of Google Map controls like zoom, rotate, fullscreen, and streetview
- Customer geolocation
On the other hand, the pro version adds a litany of additional features like:
- Customizable Google Maps skins
- The ability to categorize markers you place by a standard listing, advanced listing, or carousel view
- Advanced support for additional layers that are based off of KML URLs, GeoRSS, and Fusion Table ID tools
5. Leaflet Maps Marker (Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, Bing Maps)
Rated 4.7/5 Stars
Leaflet Maps Marker is a unique WordPress store locator plugin that’s notable for allowing you to use any base map of your choice when implementing the plugin on your site, including Bing maps, Google Maps, Open Street map, and Mapbox. This plugin also offers you access to over 1,000 free and customizable icons that you can use on your maps.
With more than 40,000 active installations, this plugin is among the most popular WordPress store locator plugins available and has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. The plugin can be used by any website or business, but is especially beneficial if your business has dozens of locations around the country. If you select the Maps Marker Pro version, you can use this plugin with 25 separate domains.
Leaflet Maps Marker: Pros & Cons
The primary feature list of this plugin includes:
- The ability to pin favorite places and destinations with markers
- The ability to select an individual base map, zoom level, and size for every layer and marker on your map
- The ability to add popup images and descriptions with each marker
- Directions to your store locations based on the geolocation data of the customer
- Additional language support for up to 46 languages
4. Google Maps Plugin by Intergeo
Rated 4.1/5 Stars
Google Maps Plugin by Intergeo is a WordPress store locator plugin that’s also designed primarily to be used by Google Maps and includes a wide range of intriguing features that help to set it aside from other store locator plugins. For instance, Intergeo offers a comprehensive UI map builder that provides you with the tools necessary to create custom-made maps that can be saved and edited with just a few clicks of your mouse. Included within this plugin is a library where all of your custom maps are stored, allowing you to quickly browse your maps and delete any that are unnecessary.
With the full version of this plugin, you can add functionality that allows your customers to create routes and directions from one address to another. This WordPress store locator plugin has a current rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars and is actively installed by more than 60,000 websites.
Google Maps Plugin by Intergeo: Pros & Cons
Some of the features available with this Google Maps plugin include:
- The ability to add markers and multiple locations
- The ability to setup a zooming level for your map that customers can easily adjust when searching for your store
- Color schemes and custom color settings that can be added to your maps
3. Google Maps – Google Maps Builder for WordPress
Rated 4.3/5 Stars
Google Maps is one of the premier WordPress store locator plugins and enjoys a 4.3 out of 5 star rating, having been actively installed by over 50,000 websites. This tool is specifically designed to allow for the rapid creation of Google Maps that can be placed inside web pages or posts on your website. With over 20 map-style options, you can select the map style that you believe best fits your type of business. The Google Maps provided with this plugin allow your customers to identify the exact location of your business as well as additional information that highlights what your store offers. You can also create custom markers on these maps in a variety of elegant styles.
The store locator allows you to include the name of your store, its address, latitude and longitude, phone number, and hours. For access to additional options, the pro version of this plugin includes advanced directions, CSV file export, and HTML support.
Google Maps – Google Maps Builder for WordPress: Pros & Cons
The main feature-list for this plugin includes:
- The ability to craft an unlimited number of maps
- The ability to set the height and width of each map
- Custom names for each map
- The inclusion of street view for customers to access when searching for your business location
- Additional layers can be enabled to show current traffic, transit, and bicycling routes
2. WP Store Locator
Rated 4.9/5 Stars
WP Store Locator is a highly recommended WordPress store locator plugin that has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars and is actively installed on more than 40,000 websites. This location management system is very easy-to-use and allows you to manage an unlimited number of stores, while also being compatible with a variety of other multilingual plugins such as qTranslate X and WPML. The code used with this plugin is very developer-friendly, as it allows you to use custom post types and nearly 30 unique filters that can immediately change the appearance of your store locator. Customers will be able to filter their search results by radius and will be provided with directions to the store that’s located nearest to them.
A couple of the premium add-ons that you can select from this plugin include a search widget that allows the customer to search for nearby locations from numerous areas on the website and a CSV manager that allows for the export, import, and update of all of your locations via a CSV file.
WP Store Locator: Pros & Cons
The main feature-set included with the base plugin provides you with:
- The ability to add details to each marker on your map, including the store description, opening hours, phone, fax, and e-mail
- The ability to show Google Maps in a variety of languages
- Support of marker clusters, which means that the customer will be able to see how many stores are in a given location when zooming out on the map
- Usage of the geolocation API
1. WP Google Maps
Rating 4.7/5 Stars
WP Google Maps is the number one entry on this list for good reason, as it has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars and is actively installed by more than 400,000 unique websites, largely because of the fact that it’s considered to be the easiest store locator plugin to use. You can add a customized map to any post or page on your WordPress website with the usage of the supplied shortcode without having to tinker with any additional settings.
These maps are compatible with both Cloudfare and caching plugins, while the professional version of this plugin includes many more features, ranging from the addition of directions and the ability to list Google map markers in various ways to the ability to search for stores by category.
WP Google Maps: Pros & Cons
The lite version of this plugin allows you to create as many markers as you want on a single map and provides you with additional features like:
- Nine different map themes to choose from
- Maps that are responsive on mobile devices
- The ability to create markers on the map by entering the address
- Four Google map types, including terrain, road, hybrid, and satellite
- The ability to add animations to map markers
- Store locator functionality
Conclusion: Which WordPress Store Locator plugin is best?
The answer is: all of them! At the end of the day, there are many plugins that work extremely well and are supported by a community of thousands of developers around the globe. With many resources at your disposal, you must determine which plugin has a feature set that fits the needs and goals of your business.
Having trouble deciding which plugin is right for you? Feel free to contact us directly and we’re more than happy to consult your website and help you find the best WordPress store locator plugin for your business.